Anyways, before I get started I wanted to show off the haul of vegan goodies I received on Thursday. Sorry for being a tease, but I'm super excited about it haha. I don't usually buy a lot of meat replacement products (apart from tofu, but I don't consider that to be a meat replacement), but every now and then I go a little crazy and buy a ton of it, mostly favourites or stuff I've never tried before. I decided to order online this time and got some great stuff, but I'm probably most excited about the 5kg/11pounds of wheat gluten since I'm finally able to make the infamous chickpea cutlets! Feel free to tell me all about your favourite seitan recipes, I need recommendations. :)
I'll try to review some of it soon, so let me know if you're particularly interested in one of the products. :)
VEGAN MOFO FAVOURITES: WEEK 1 & 2
• Printing template for mofo recipes (via TheMessyVegetarianCook)
A great way to print and organise your bookmarked mofo recipes!
• Chai Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches (via VeganCookBookCritic)
I am dying to make these, pumpkin and chai flavoured... Repeat after me: PUMPKIN AND CHAI!
• Soy- & Gluten-free Homemade Bacon (via OrdinaryVegetarian)
This seems like one of those super recipes: soy- and gluten-free and even freezer friendly, I hope I'll have the time to make it soon.
• Instant Mac & Cheese Mix (via WindyCityVegan)
The VegNews mac'n'cheese recipe holds a firm place in my heart, but this looks like an amazing alternative for lazy evenings.
• Fudgy Brownies (via NotARabbit)
Would you look at those pictures? Sheesh, fudgy indeed! Make sure to check out the rest of the blog too, I especially love the illustrations, so cute!
• Apple Bars with Cinnamon Frosting (via ThymeBombe)
Luscious looking frosting on top of crunchy apple bars, sign me up!
• Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie (via VegSpinz)
I would make this in a heartbeat, but tofutti cream cheese is ridiculously expensive here ($6+ per tub), maybe some of you have better luck.
• Eggless Custard Tarts (via HeathenVegan)
Custard! Tarts! Cute! Small desserts are going to be the end of me.
• Fancy Pants Ratatouille (via VeganEats&Treats)
Beautifully assembled ratatouille!
• Vegan Pepero Sticks for Pepero Day (via AliensDayOut)
Meeps tells you a bit about the history of Pepero Day and how to make your own Pepero Sticks, such a nice idea. AliensDayOut also happens to be one of my favourite blogs, I've been reading it for months so check it out, guys.
• Tasteless Tablescapes (via PandaWithCookie)
So hilarious! I liked the other one too.
• How to Make Nut or Seed Butters (via ThisEvolutionaryLife)
I always get so frustrated with my lame food processor, it's nice to see that it's actually do-able, haha. :)
• Pumpkin Nog (via ManifestVegan)
• Tips for Healthy Baking (via NomNomNomBlog)
Some great tips on healthy baking, this should be helpful for December, a.k.a. cookie marathon monster month.
• Sweet Yeast Buns Bake (via TisiGoesVegan)
This is in German, but I'm sure google-translate should be save for simple recipe translations? I love those sweet fluffy yeast buns and this looks fantastic, I was going to make it today in fact, but I already made bread yesterday and I'm kind of dying from carb-overload. Maybe next weekend!
• Raw Persimmon Coconut Tarts (via SwellVegan)
More small dessert, this time with persimmon and coconut meat, mmmmmmmmh.
• Homemade Spice Blends and Seasoned Salt (via VeganFeastKitchen)
I don't normally buy spice blends, but I think I want to try these out, especially the cajun and old bay ones!
• Agave Dijon Salad Dressing (via AllAboardVegan)
I'm more of a yoghurt dressing kind of person, but this sounds delicious -sweet things go so well with mustard, yum.
• Tempeh Pecan Salad (via IEatTrees)
I want to eat this. Now!
• Experiment with Kombucha (via Vegtopia)
Making kombucha has been on my to-do list for so long now, but I'm only just now starting to get into fermented foods so I've been too chicken to try it in the past. I feel a bit more motivated after reading about their experiences with it.
• Homemade Wafers (via NorthernVeg)
I can't wait to serve this with a generous scoop of ice cream. :)
Eeek, this took a lot longer than I thought it would. Excuse me while I go pass out on the bed now, have a lovely weekend mofo-ers!