Monday, November 1, 2010

A perfect bowl of cereal

CerealMix_1x1 CerealMix_2x1

CerealMix_1x2 CerealMix_2x2

Mhmmmm breakfast! When I was younger I wasn't a big fan of breakfast, on early school days it would make me nauseous to eat something so early in the morning and so I mostly ate in school, several hours after I had woken up. What I ate was usually not very nutritious or healthy. Käsebrötchen, a bread roll baked with a layer of grated cheese on top, was my favourite: soft, fluffy, cheesy. What's not to love, right? Hahah, thank god things have changed since then! I probably wouldn't say no to a vegan version of my beloved Käsebrötchen, I get sad puppy face syndrome whenever I see them at a bakery, but I know now that it's not the best way to start the day. I like to eat breakfast daily now, even if it's just a small breakfast (I still don't like to eat too early in the morning) and I make sure it's something healthy, at least on most days! ^^" Oatmeal is a favourite of mine together with some fresh fruit on the side or a nice home-made smoothie during the summer. And I wouldn't say no to some good bread either. But lately I've favoured a bowl of mixed cereals instead.


CerealMix_3x1 CerealMix_4x1

CerealMix_2x3 CerealMix_3x2

I don't think anyone needs a recipe for this, but I'll go ahead and post my personal mix anyway! :)


Mixed Cereal
1 handful Kölln Hafer-Kyss
1 handful Kölln Multikorn Fleks
1 tablespoon slivered almonds, skinless
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1/2 handful Bohlsener Mühle Chai Crunchy
1 x nut-mix/date/raisin ball*, crumbled

(*I'll post a recipe for that soon)


The mix of all the different cereals is really the key here, a good mix of soaked cereal and crunch, mmmh! ♥

I suspect that the mentioned products are not available outside of Germany, sorry about that, but I'm sure you could find similar products abroad and I might just post a a recipe for a home-made version of the chai crunchy/granola soon, so keep your eyes open! :)


Add some milk & enjoy.

x


1 comment:

  1. Making your own mix of cereal is the best — everything inside is what you want!

    ReplyDelete